02 April 2006

Karengate

We left off with bagels, I believe. So we'll begin with yogurt. I'm having some right now with granola and it's fantastic. That's all.

This week started out quite promising for everyone involved, the weather was lovely, work was smooth, and everyone was pretty cheery. Some things quickly turned south.

On Wednesday, I had to go downtown after work for a meeting that defined the word pointless: it took an hour to get there, lasted 3 minutes, and could have been done over the phone. The annoyance quickly passed, as Karen and I had plans to go back and see Jane play at a bar called Sine. This is Jane, the singer/songwriter who I saw last week (for those of you who read regularly). It was at this time that Karen informed me she had lost her wallet. I think everyone can relate to the humongous burden of losing a wallet (even if you never have (knock on wood, evan)), but Karen seemed as ok as you can be about it. There wasn't much cash lost, you get a new credit card, you get a new lisence, and it's done. Jane was great, as usual, and I'm looking forward to hearing her play with Emma at the Sugar Club next week.














On Thursday, the usual Q-bar group was not feeling an out night, but Karen and Steve and a few other people were, so I tagged along. It's funny, going there without McKee and Mo and all them, it just felt so wrong. I knew somethig would go awry.

The first blow came when Karen's purse was stolen. Hi, insult? Meet injury.

The rest of the night pretty much sucked after that, as one person we had come with went home (totally belligerent mind you) without any money, keys, or phone, and without telling any of us. So while we walked around Dublin looking for her, calling everyone we knew, and just having a general panic party, she somehow got home and went to bed. THANKS!














Looking to get past that hell of a night, I decided to relax on Friday. Steve and I went to a movie in the afternoon, and then went downtown to meet Kara, Pete, Megan, and Kate. We switched things up with some Baileys for most of the night. It was a nice change of pace from the night before. And the music was great, as demonstrated by Megan and Kate's superb karaoke skills:














I just love dancing with McKee. So any night when that happens is a good night. Saturday, me, Lauren, and Steve went to the Comet and I started my collection of glasses to bring back home. Zing.














There are 4 weeks left. I'm trying to get in one more trip before leaving, but I still have a lot to do here in Dublin. Some exciting functions are coming up at The Helix, where I get to be a VIP (my favorite 3 letters). And all that's left of "work" is the internship project and my media class research paper. I've been on Craigslist a lot sending out resumes for summer employment. And the summer concert news is starting to roll in. What an exciting time.

Finally, thank you to those of you who have donated to my brother's charity cycle. You're very kind. The rest of you still have time (2 months actually) to help out. www.aidslifecycle.org/6611 Check it out.

(See) you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home